Monday, February 11, 2008

MY ILLY STORY: My love affair with Illy at M café





MY ILLY STORY: My love affair with Illy at M café
By: Aly Abaquin

My love affair with the Illy coffee brand started a year ago when I was actually waiting patiently for a business meeting in one of the best and amazing Art/Culture hip place in Makati- The M cafe which is situated right beside the Ayala Museum.

It was a late afternoon meeting wherein the sunset is about to give its rays a rest after overcastting it lights on M Cafe’s massive glass panels.

Mind you the place is not hot but comfortably cooler in Manila’s humid atmosphere.
I love the manner of how the M cafe welcome its patrons with clean modern lines that is artistically accommodating while the impeccable minimalist interiors hugs you as you enter the premises.

I feel like in MOMA in New York that unforgettable AHA factor again as
I reminisce my days in New York and enjoying the art and culture of the city that never sleeps- Cosmopolitan MANHATTAN but in humid but equally energetic Greenbelt in Ayala Makati.

I immediately ordered for espresso since I’m a little bit loopy. I need a kick of some sort to regain my energy level since I’m presenting a Marketing plan.

And being “low bat” (Filipino term for Low energy) is not a way to go.

The server after brewing the best espresso- presented to me a cup of Illy that is highly aromatic and elegantly exciting in a clear white ceramic cup. That’s not all -on its side is a CHOC- NUT. A little surprise very Filipino indeed.

The smell is enticing and while drinking my Illy coffee sip by sip - It becomes an intense experience as in many ways to partake my brown, bittersweet and sinful infatuation of the decadent espresso from the Arabica bean.-

Love at first sip I supposed.

“By the way espresso or more properly known as caffé espresso refers to the concentrated flavourful “essence” brewed from the beans.” The amount of coffee used is roughly 2/3 the amount used for a single serving of drip coffee, but with far less water.

I’m not an expert in coffee but only a passionate coffee aficionado.

And one sip I immediately transported to coffee heaven, the pleasure you get from every sip is sensationally satisfying.

ILLY -I am mesmerized with your quality and beauty, and you engage in all my senses which cultivates and inspire my creativity along with your perfect cup.

I AM TRULY IN LOVE! I told myself.... not only that I am also forever grateful for I did clench a business deal that eventful day.

My love affair with Illy -just started.....till we meet again....Ciao... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)