Sunday, February 24, 2008

3 Gerry's Grill,A Jersey guy,me and friends






3 Gerry’s Grill, a man from jersey, me and friends.
By Aly Abaquin


It was freaking cold last week of valentine’s that’s a bit weird as we are told by PAG-ASA- the weather bureau in the P.I. it’s only the cold front.. Okey good thing since I’ll be a companion for a day of a friend from new Jersey who happen to dropped by manila for a quick week long trip and who invited me for a lunch out of town to Tagaytay.

He insisted that we go. But for me I was to tired to go out of town. And this guy friend of mine is the likes of a.ka. the Bobby Flay friend of mine who likes to grill stuffs in his new jersey digs.

I remember that Sunday afternoon grills at his crib when I spent time in jersey that summery June. He knows a thing or two about grilling…. So I met him up and we went to Trinoma the newest mall near my new manila residence to tour him of our emerging MALL-ECONOMY that is…and bet you I’ve convince him to stay put since lunch weather at where we at is pretty cooler and the breeze touches your face like a kiss HMMMP good INTROO… and diversion so instead of going to Tagaytay that is hours away and due to my prodding and vivacious talkativeness.

I recommended that he try and take a look at this casual fun resto… so we have a beautiful scenic lunch in GERRY’s GRILL in Trinoma. Good thing we have our seats in al fresco area overlooking verdant hills from afar. And not bad for mimicking TAGAYTAY…and the weather -good airy and with a whip of cold swaying air touches your head now and then…. He smiled as our lunch was being served we ordered the Chickhen Kebab and the Mussels in spicy sauce and two iced tea and two garlic rice and a buko pandan. Since he is FILAM by the way and likes what he tasted and was so surprised as the dish- the mussels are really fresh and spicy with its chopped siling labuyo (Chili), toasted garlic, onions leaks and special spicy ketchup concoction of Soy sauce, sugar and ketchup - was a great lunch combi with the Chunky Chicken skewered in sticks with mushrooms, onions and green and red pepper grilled to perfection was appetisingly gorgeous plus as if he grilled it himself.

He confessed he like what he see and tasted. So while munching and drinking my way out of lunch we immersed ourselves of the times I’ve spent in jersey city and how I done a side job a “day” at the Baby gap store for a while then decided that I need to go to cape cod and try out Black Dog in Martha’s Vineyard so on with our delightful lunch conversation till we notice that its already 3pm….

Talk, talk and lunch was superb and the servers are at tentative. Good and to top it all. Our bill is just P 500++ pesos,as I peek-ka boo at the receipt that is since this jersey guy is footing the bill…. Great food. Great Price value for money indeed..

But wait he like it so much that he wanted more I told him later for dinner since we need to tour him in Trinoma and later a stop over ABS CBN since he like to see the Big Brother house… Gerry’s grill is indeed a place where friendship is forged again and a place to simmer good conversation.

Up next Jersey guy got hook with Gerry’s grill 3 times over….. wait till we met our barkada at Gerry’s grill Tomas Morato… he really like what he tasted…what can we do... ibigay and hilig... 2nd stop Gerry's Grill Tomas Morato..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)