Sunday, February 3, 2008

CRAVINGS: P1,000 pesos lunch for 3!!!











CRAVINGS: EAT ALL YOU CAN SALAD & P1,000 Lunch for 3!!!
BY ALY ABAQUIN http:alyabaquin.blogspot.com

My Family dines-out a lot and we are considered to be a bunch of picky eaters.
So choosing a restaurant is a bit difficult. It must be a nice place that is not crowded, but accessible, good ambiance and value for money should be taken into account. These are the criteria that we look for when we dine out.

We can’t help it. We love the thrill of a GOOD FIND, GREAT FOOD but CHEAP EATS!!

We love a great adventure of a lunch-out that does not strain the wallet.

And today SUNDAY Feb 3, 2008 lunch time- My mom was craving for salads- and with a budget of only P 1,000 pesos. She can proved to me that today a family of three can have a FUN DINING experience for only P 1,000 pesos.

WOW really!!! You are kidding me I told my MOM.

You heard it right folks!!! P 1,000 lunch GOOD FOR 3!!! So what are we waiting for let’s go!!!

So Mom, I and my DAD drove up to CRAVINGS in Tomas Morato branch- this is just beside the French Fries Edifice building of McDonalds’ Tomas and at the back of UCC Tomas Morato.

THE FEEL: As we enter,we are greeted with friendly smiles and hellos that are full of warmth- as if we are just visiting a relative’s house on a Sunday lunch. They have a good seating set-up -an elongated comfy seat and a large table with modern wooden chairs of some Italian designer is readily available.
The staff is very accommodating and instantly we feel at home .

Unique dining Experience: “EAT ALL YOU CAN SALAD & Soup for every main course”

THE FOOD: FREE SALAD and SOUP BUFFET for every main course- REAL VALUE FOR MONEY!!! You have a soup, salad and a main course complete continental cuisine for only P 869 pesos. Can't believe it read on...

Our main course: Seafood Brochette IS GOOD TO SHARE and Chicken Cordon Blue SINGLE SERVING.

THE SALAD BAR : Garden Salad, Penne Salad & Potato salad is readily available or you can- Make your own salad : on buffet are the garnish in full force : sweet corn kernels, sliced ham, chunky tuna, brown mushrooms, coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, chopped boiled eggs, julienned singkamas, carrots, round cucumber and gelatin.

THE DRESSINGS: Caesar salad dressing, thousand island, Asian and citrus vinaigrette.

THE BREAD: Large cut crostini and freshly baked bun breads. With butter or fruit jam.

THE SOUP: A choice of SUPA de Ajo and Cream of Corn.

With the buffet my mom whips up a casting call for her version of the Caesar Salad and then on her second take whips up her own Garden salad. Remember we only ordered two main courses. But wait with my savvy mother she amazed me of her Mini Crostini tuna sandwich concoction - all from the buffet table.

Ina Garten of the Famed Barefoot Contessa show will surely agree.

MY MOM’s CREATIVE Mini Crostini Tuna Sandwich: Buttered Crostini bread in between of Dijon mustard, lettuce, tuna chunks plus potato salad. Presto a quick and easy sandwich that goes well with her salads- no main course needed. (Note: the Crostini are larger here and can be use as a mini sandwiches.)

As for my Dad he settled for the cream of corn soup. Since dad just wants the soup and waited for his Seafood Brochette.

As for me- I’ve chosen the Penne Salad which I topped off with mushroom, tuna chunks ,drizzled with cheddar cheese and Asian dressing . SARAP!!! I want more but opted to make my own concoction of my Mini Crostini HLT not BLT mind you : Not to be out savvied I made my own version of that Crostini HLT sandwich: Ham lettuce, cheese, tomato, cucumber and thousand island sauce. Now I know where I got that foodie genes in me.

Remember it’s an eat all you can salad buffet and show them your creativity….

THE MAIN COURSE: The Chicken Cordon Bleu: Chicken breast stuffed with the finest ham, cheese and spinach -deep fried for a sealed in flavor. It’s crispy & tasty. Served with an artistically swirled mashed potato and buttered veggies of carrots and string beans on its side placed in a large platter for that perfect presentation. Yummy and artsy as well.

The Seafood Brochette- Skewered Fish fillet, squid and prawns flavored with mixed herbs and spice then grilled and served with sautéed vegetables laid on top of the rice pilaf. My dad is smiling and very much satisfied. While for my mom she’s satisfied her craving for salad and her Crostini Sandwich is filling.

THE PRICE: FOR ONLY P 869 pesos we have 3 meals…. Hurray for my MOM!!!

Here’s the math: Chicken Cordon Bleu P 375,+ Seafood Brochette P 415 + 10 % service tax+ local tax of 1.75% = P 869.( prices as of Feb 3, 2008)
Remember the main course comes with a free EAT ALL YOU CAN SALAD & SOUP. GREAT DEAL indeed.

OVERALL RATING: 5 SPOONS the highest.

ALL THE MORE REASONS TO CRAVE FOR CRAVINGS!
CRAVING’S EAT ALL YOU CAN SALAD & SOUP with every order of a main course
IS VALUE FOR MONEY. A must try.
We vowed to be regulars.
Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)