Saturday, February 16, 2008

Aly's Vietnam style Breakfast



ALY's Vietnam style Breakfast:SUMAN & KAPENG BARAKO IN MANGKOK.

By Aly Abaquin

I woke up early today in preparation for my clients materials: Regine's/ Le space Kerastase- MKTG papers + ILLY cafe presentation and interview this coming Feb 20,2008.

This account will change my life so to speak due to i might be in Vietnam the rest of the year. I'm positive and I've claimed it to be since i believe in the product and fell in love with it remember....

I like this job of mine really until.....My creativity was on a stand still what now aly!!! what will i present to the CHAIRMAN that will blow them away and leave a marking impression that I Aly can be their Marketing Manager/Business Manager.

What communication/Business plans will i discuss....I was on my toes but with writers block can't think right ....until this suman arrive. HALLELUIA...

The suman is always brought to us by this lady fresh from antipolo only my mom knows her name due to the fact that i am not an early riser during weekends so no chance to meet her... Body clock i supposed.

Well anyways the suman steamed over banana leaves and it is of green color with its sticky rice cake consistency and sprinkled with sugar and fresh grated coconut that is eaten with kapeng barako from batangas. AND TAKE NOTE ONLY P 10.00 for two pieces.
WOW !!!! the cheapest breakfast ever...

Above is the picture i took for inspiration and to treasure -take note of some vietnam/chinese flavor to the setting...

I've put it in a white square plate beside two antique blue and white china egg holder which i bought years ago from Hong Kong then put my kapeng barako in a Mangkok for my version of that hug mug appeal..... really very experiential.

My MOM was surprised of the set-up and enjoyed every minute of our unique breakfast together....:) bonding with her is always fun.... she's 84 years old and still kicking by the way...

My creativity went back in full swing. Thank God for that. I need to rush to makati and go to my bro's condo to borrow our shared laptop..... for that presentation of the century I cook up something in my interview so that ILLY CHairman can remember me by... all smiles...i will succeed!

Of i go... see you in Saigon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)