Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Affordable Tokyo deli


By Aly Abaquin
Once I remember my visit to OSAKA for two days ,due to a stop over from my flight from New York going back to the Philippines....... thats way back when they over sold tickets for this flight and the airline reps was saying if you sell your ticket back to them they are willing to accomodate us in the airport hotel free food included so that this flight won't be over loaded.
So without batting an eyelash. I doing the unimaginable..... why with free accommodation to the airport hotel and they’ll book your flight thru Thai airlines anyways ...so fear not ... right???? The adventurous me wishhhhpering ( wishful thinking & wisper conflex words) to myself.
So what I did. I sold my seat/ ticket and since this is a window of opportunity to see breath and have a glimpse of OSAKA JAPAN with matching free stay in their airport hotel. I made plans to board the train and wonder in the tech savvy Japanese and found the sushi stand…. Boy living in Japan for two days was so excitingly different and expensiveat that...... but my love for sushi and the bento boxes made my gastronomical experience more memorable in that evening in OSAKA.

Now in HCMC there is this TOKYO DELI that sells this delectable bento boxes in 70-90,000 vnd . $3-4 dollars . The artistically crafted by hand sushi, sashimi and California maki’s enliven the plate with color. While you mix your green paste wasabi with my personal favorite KIKOMAN soy sauce.

You can’t wait to taste the fresh tuna, shrimps and what have you. As you get to pick which to eat first as your chopsticks clicking with vigor and happily talking Japanese.

Tokyo deli in Le than thon did not disappoint it’s really value for money and great tasting too.
Try the green tea ice cream too....It is okey to say YUM???
TOKYO DELI sushi
240 Le Thanh Ton St., Dist 1, HCMC
Tel No. 5404 -2244

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)