Tuesday, October 6, 2009

DONER KEBAB OR SHAWARMA???



Doner Kebab or Shawarma….???
By aly abaquin

Okey folks this one confused your eater outer foodie junkie.. Doner kebab or shawarma that is the question???…… doner kebab …...literally means a “rotating kebab” in turkish… it is a sliced lamb, beef or chicken slowly roasted on a vertical rotating spit… then served in pita bread… my chef friend dictated to me…

But I told him in middle eastern its called shawarma….. why the kebab I grew up with are different….. which according to a chef friend is both derived from the same thing… I though kebab are skewered beef lamb then chargrilled… YUMMY with a capital Y….hence kebab beef... on sticks...

…i shamelessly hollered at him with dagger looks to boot…..… hmmp
Wait a minute…now my chef friend is also jolted to this good food talk…. so we continued to bother each other ….

My chef friend told me if you do not believed me consult wikipedia the free on line encyclopedia….. So Shawarmishlllyyyyy and kebabishllllyyyyy I consulted this on line..
Hahahahahah to my surprise we are both correct… Wow my chef friend is right it is the same after all no fight here….as I told him gleefullyyyy.

WE ARE BOTH CORRECT.. SHAWARMA = DONER KEBAB….same same...well I told him lets get TACOS & GYROS .. theni said is it the same thing?????

HE …... Laughingly told me get someone to talk to you….KEBOSH…..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments... Thanks for dropping by.... ;)